UPDATED: Sept. 14, 11:27 p.m.
Well, procrastinators, your failure to buy SoundLand wristbands when they were a meager $35 must be haunting you right about now. Eight days out from the festival’s kick off, ticket prices have jumped to $65 for a wristband and $25 for a single show. And unless you only want to see Foster the People, you’re going to want a wristband. Or, better yet, a VIP badge. “But Dixie,” you say, “$65 is so much money! And the blood bank won’t let me sell any more plasma this month!” First of all, that sounds terrifying. And since you’re missing so much blood, we’re going to go ahead and guess that you’re too weak to work as a volunteer like we recommended a couple weeks ago. But there’s still hope for you yet.
As the clock ticks down to SoundLand opening day, the local interwebs have been flooded with a deluge of SoundLand contests, all hawking wristbands or VIP passes to a handful of lucky winners willing to give up their e-mails for marketing purposes. Many of these contests are ending soon, so you’re going to want to get in while you still can:
Rdio - one pair of VIP badges (ends 12:00 p.m., September 14) Nashvillest – one pair of wristbands (ends 11:59 p.m., September 15)
- Nashville on Facebook – two pairs of wristbands, one pair of VIP badges (ends sometime this week?)
Book Club at No. 308 – one or more pairs of wristbands, follow on Twitter for deets (to be given away between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m., September 15)
- Now Playing Nashville #1 - one pair of VIP badges (ends September 16)
- Now Playing Nashville #2- one pair of VIP badges (ends September 16?)
- Grimey’s – one (or more) pairs of wristbands (to be given away around 5 p.m., September 17)
- Rock & Roll Team Trivia - three pairs of wristbands, one pair of VIP badges (to be given away between 7 and 9 p.m., September 19)
- Yelp – one pair of wristbands (ends 12 p.m., September 20)